Sunday, April 12

A little bit old with a dash of new...

Artwork that is!  What did you expect?  This is an art blog after all.  This time the work is a little more personal, at least some of it is, and most of it is from high school except for the digital painting.  That I just finished for my American Heritage service project.  It was a lot of fun to work on, my only wish is that I had a little more time to work on it before I turned it so that I could have done a little texturing work on it.  Overall though I really like how it turned out, and I definitely learned a lot more about Photoshop that I didn't know before which is always a big bonus.  I'd also like to mention that shortcut keys are just about the greatest inventions ever.  They're definitely worth knowing if you want to save some time when you're working digitally.  Makes me wish they'd invent something like that for traditional media.  Then there are the pieces I did in high school, mostly for high school, but they have a little more personal aspects to them.  The landscapes, for example, were part of a series I did about the compositional elements found in nature and how they flow, as well as having an alternative interpretation in relation with the comic style panels I used to break up said compositions, but that's a story for another day.  Anyway, enjoy! 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment